- The act or process of forming an opinion after consideration or deliberation.
- The official authentic decision of a court of justice upon the respective rights and claims of the parties to an action or suit therein litigated and submitted to its determination.
ruling, fate, punishment, retribution
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Abstract of Judgement — Definition,
- A court document that states how much the loser of a lawsuit owes, and which creates a lien, or a claim on property, when filed with the county recorder where the property is owned.
- Arbitration — Definition,
- A dispute-resolution method in which an impartial third party, agreed upon by all sides beforehand, makes a decision.
- Confusio-Lexicon Maximus — Definition,
- The rescinding of language in process when none is making nonsense less and therefore incurred but not reported deficiencies in mental capacities are not apparently un-obviously imposed.
- Consent Judgement — Definition,
- A judge's legally binding approval of a written agreement by the parties of a lawsuit.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Errors and Omissions Insurance — Definition,
- Insurance that protects architects, home inspectors and contractors from claims by clients for professional mistakes.
- Injunction — Definition,
- A court order that prohibits a party from taking a specific course of action.
- Levy — Definition,
- A cost imposed on an individual or entity.
- Mediation — Definition,
- A method of resolving a dispute using a neutral party (a "mediator") who actively works to resolve the differences. A mediator cannot make a binding decision, as opposed to an arbitrator, who can.
- Quantum Meruit — Definition,
- Used in contract law it means "reasonable value of services."
- Statute — Definition,
- A law established by an act of the legislature.