- The legally binding approval given by a judge that pertains to a written agreement by the parties of a lawsuit.
authoritative consent, legally endorsed
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Affidavit — Definition,
- A written statement sworn to before an authorized official such as a notary public, or commissioner for oaths.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Irrevocable — Definition,
- Judgement — Definition,
- A determination by a court of law or a judicial decision.
- Statute of Limitations (SOL) — Acronym,
- A period of time specified by statute within which an action at law must be brought or else be forfeited.
- Valid — Definition,
- Sufficient in law; effective.
- Witness — Definition,
- To subscribe one's name to a deed, will or other document for the purpose of attesting its authenticity and proving its execution by testifying, if required.