- An attorney who specializes in insurance law.
insurance barrister, insurance lawyer, insurance counsel
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Abstract of Judgement — Definition,
- A court document that states how much the loser of a lawsuit owes, and which creates a lien, or a claim on property, when filed with the county recorder where the property is owned.
- Common Law (CL) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Laws developed by judges through court decisions and precedent.
- Traditional, unwritten law based on English custom.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Insurance (insur) — Abbreviation,
- An arrangement where one party provides financial protection to another party for specific damages or losses.
- Insurance Policy — Definition,
- A legal contract between an insurer and entity that specifies what the insurer is required to cover and any benefits the insured entity is entitled to.
- Legal Fees and Disbursements — Definition,
- Charges paid on your behalf by a solicitor that are in addition to professional costs.
- Liability — Definition,
- A situation where one party is found to be legally responsible for something.
- Real Estate Attorney — Definition,
- A lawyer who specializes in the transfer of land and buildings and property tax issues.
- Settlement — Definition,
- An agreement between the parties of a legal case.
- Solicitor Information — Definition,
- When you apply for a mortgage you will need a law firm with a lawyer's name and their contact information which would typically include the office location, phone number, fax number and e-mail address.
- Tort — Definition,
- An act that causes harm or loss.
- Tort Law — Definition,
- Civil law or the laws that govern civil lawsuits.