Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- company expenses
Definition of Accounts Payable
- Money owed by a business for goods and services provided without pre-payment.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Financing Expenses — Bank,
- Expenses sustained from interest payments, financing, and dividends to shareholders.
- Accounts Receivable (AR, A/R) — Bank, Important,
- Money owed to a business by purchasers of goods and/or services.
- Balance (bal.) — Bank,
- The amount of money in your account.
- Accounting Period (AP) — Bank, Important,
- The time period used in a set of accounting books or financial statements, often 12 months.
- Accounts Payable System (APS) — Acronym,
- Gross Profit Margin — Bank,
- The difference between the sales your business generates and the costs you pay out for goods.
- Retained Earnings — Bank,
- All of the profits or losses accumulated from prior years and from the present year's income statement, minus dividends paid to you.
- Revenue — Bank,
- Money earned by a company from its business activities.