- Money owed by a business for goods and services provided without pre-payment.
company expenses, bills, expenses
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Accounting Period (AP) — Acronym, Important,
- The time period used in a set of accounting books or financial statements, often 12 months.
- Accounts Payable System (APS) — Acronym,
- Accounts Receivable (AR, A/R) — Acronym, Important,
- Money owed to a business by purchasers of goods and/or services.
- Balance (bal.) — Abbreviation,
- The amount of money in your account.
- Financing Expenses — Definition,
- Expenses sustained from interest payments, financing, and dividends to shareholders.
- Gross Profit Margin — Definition,
- The difference between the sales your business generates and the costs you pay out for goods.
- Retained Earnings — Definition,
- All of the profits or losses accumulated from prior years and from the present year's income statement, minus dividends paid to you.
- Revenue — Definition,
- Money earned by a company from its business activities.