- Money owed to a business by purchasers who are not required to make a payment prior to receiving goods and/or services.
invoices, income, company revenue
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Accounting Period (AP) — Acronym, Important,
- The time period used in a set of accounting books or financial statements, often 12 months.
- Accounts Payable (A/P, AP) — Acronym,
- Money owed by a business for goods and services received.
- Accrued Interest Receivable (AIR) — Acronym,
- When interest on an outstanding receivable has been added to the account, but has not yet been collected.
- Balance (bal.) — Abbreviation,
- The amount of money in your account.
- Billing and Accounts Receivable (BAR) — Acronym,
- Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) — Acronym,
- An expense that appears on a business's income statement and represents the inventory cost of the goods sold during a particular period.
- Gross Profit Margin — Definition,
- The difference between the sales your business generates and the costs you pay out for goods.
- Retained Earnings — Definition,
- All of the profits or losses accumulated from prior years and from the present year's income statement, minus dividends paid to you.
- Revenue — Definition,
- Money earned by a company from its business activities.