- All the profits or losses that you have accumulated from prior years and from this year's income statement, less dividends paid to you.
profits after dividends, held income, retained profits or losses, accumulated profits
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Account Current (AC) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ A monthly or yearly ledger style report provided by an insurer to an insurance agent detailing policies, premiums, commissions, cancellations, and endorsements.
- A ledger summarizing the performance of each agent employed by an insurance company.
- Accounts Payable (A/P, AP) — Acronym,
- Money owed by a business for goods and services received.
- Accounts Receivable (AR, A/R) — Acronym, Important,
- Money owed to a business by purchasers of goods and/or services.
- Balance (bal.) — Abbreviation,
- The amount of money in your account.
- Cash Flow — Definition,
- The money an investment produces after subtracting cash expenses from income.
- Gross Profit Margin — Definition,
- The difference between the sales your business generates and the costs you pay out for goods.