Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- accumulated profits
- profits after dividends
- retained profits or losses
- held income
Definition of Retained Earnings
- All the profits or losses that you have accumulated from prior years and from this year's income statement, less dividends paid to you.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Accounts Payable (AP, A/P) — Acronym,
- Money owed by a business for goods and services received.
- Balance (bal.) — Abbreviation,
- The amount of money in your account.
- Cash Flow — Definition,
- The money an investment produces after subtracting cash expenses from income.
- Gross Profit Margin — Definition,
- The difference between the sales your business generates and the costs you pay out for goods.
- Account Current (AC) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ A monthly or yearly ledger style report provided by an insurer to an insurance agent detailing policies, premiums, commissions, cancellations, and endorsements.
- A ledger summarizing the performance of each agent employed by an insurance company.
- Accounts Receivable (A/R, AR) — Acronym, Important,
- Money owed to a business by purchasers of goods and/or services.