- Those private individuals with capital to invest in business enterprises are often called angels.
financier, backers, angels, business people, entrepreneur, strategic investor
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Capital — Definition,
- Money that is used to make money; for example, to buy rental property or a business.
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) — Acronym,
- When shares of a corporation become available to the public for the first time.
- Investment — Definition,
- Something you put your money into in order to make money.
- Lender — Definition,
- The bank or mortgage company offering the loan.
- Private Equity — Definition,
- Equity not traded on a stock exchange.
- Seed Funding — Definition,
- Money used to start a business.
- Startup Company — Definition,
- A recently founded company that works on new products and services.
- Venture Capital (VC) — Acronym,
- Financial capital given to startup companies.