- Equity securities that are not openly traded on a stock exchange. Private equity investments are often made by private equity firms, venture capitalists, and angel investors.
non-public equity, closed equity
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Angel Investors — Definition,
- Private individuals with capital to invest in business enterprises.
- Equity — Definition,
- Ownership in an asset.
- The value of a property minus outstanding mortgage debt and other liens.
- Housing-equity Partnership — Definition,
- An arrangement in which one buyer lives in a home and the other has an ownership stake as an investment. The partners split the capital gain after the property is sold.
- Initial Public Offering (IPO) — Acronym,
- When shares of a corporation become available to the public for the first time.
- Return on Equity (ROE) — Acronym,
- A ratio that shows how profitable a company is when compared to shareholder equity.
- Security — Definition,
- A tradable financial implement that represents ownership, the rights to ownership or debt.
- Property designated as collateral.
- A document stating ownership of a stock or bond.
- Seed Funding — Definition,
- Money used to start a business.
- Startup Company — Definition,
- A recently founded company that works on new products and services.
- Stock — Definition,
- A share of the ownership of a company.
- Venture Capital (VC) — Acronym,
- Financial capital given to startup companies.