Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- annuity laddering
- multiple annuities
- hedge your bets
Definition of Annuity Ladder
- A financial strategy where an individual buys a number of annuities in stages over a period of years. An individual may choose to use an annuity ladder if they wish to minimize interest rate risk yet still want the guaranteed income an annuity provides, also by purchasing annuities form different insurance companies the annuitant minimizes the risk of a total loss if an insurance company goes under.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Split-Funded Annuity — Definition,
- Two annuities purchased together, one with a deferred payout and the other with an immediate payout.
- Laddering — Definition,
- Staggering deposits into investments such as CDs in order to vary and better the rate of return.
- Future Value of an Annuity (FVA) — Acronym,
- The value of an annuity at some future date.