Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
Definition of Backflip Takeover
- When the purchasing company becomes a subsidiary of the purchased company after the acquisition.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Takeover — Bank,
- The purchase of a company by another.
- Annex — Bank,
- To add one thing onto another.
- Hostile Takeover — Bank,
- When a company purchases another but the target company's management does not approve.
- Reverse Takeover — Bank,
- The purchase of a public company by a private company, often to avoid the IPO process.
- Friendly Takeover — Bank,
- When a company purchases another and both parties' management approve.