- A purchase of a publicly traded company by a privately held company, often done to bypass the lengthy and costly IPO process.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Annex — Definition,
- To add one thing onto another.
- Backflip Takeover — Definition,
- A form of takeover where the purchasing company becomes a subsidiary of the purchased company.
- Friendly Takeover — Definition,
- When a company purchases another and both parties' management approve.
- Hostile Takeover — Definition,
- When a company purchases another but the target company's management does not approve.
- Takeover — Definition,
- The purchase of a company by another.