- Building code refers to the regulations and guidelines that govern design and all materials used in construction.
building control, ordinances, rules, safety requirements, standards
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Building Inspector — Definition,
- A local government employee who enforces the building code and makes sure construction and renovation work is done properly.
- Building Permit (BPmt) — Abbreviation,
- Authorization by a local government to construct or repair a structure.
- Curtain Wall — Definition,
- A non-lead bearing exterior wall.
- Load-bearing Wall — Definition,
- Any exterior wall or interior wall that supports its weight and the weight of other parts of the building.
- Standard Building Code (SBC) — Acronym,
- Uniform Building Code (UBC) — Acronym,