- Any exterior wall, and any interior wall that supports its weight and the weight of other parts of the building above it.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Architect — Definition,
- One who designs buildings.
- Building Code (BC) — Acronym,
- Regulations that govern design and materials used in construction.
- Carport (cprt, crprt) — Abbreviation,
- A roofed parking area that lacks one or more walls.
- Curtain Wall — Definition,
- A non-lead bearing exterior wall.
- Dry Rot — Definition,
- A fungal decay that causes lumber to crumble.
- Drywall — Definition,
- Panels of gypsum plaster wrapped in thin cardboard and attached to the house framing to create interior walls.
- Home Inspection — Definition,
- A thorough examination of a house's visible structural parts and systems, conducted before purchase.