- A person who designs structures or buildings and usually oversees the construction process.
engineer, home designer, builder, draftsperson, planner
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Architectural Fees — Definition,
- Compensation paid to a person who designs buildings.
- Blueprint (bprt) — Abbreviation,
- The drawing of a structure by an architect or designer, used for construction and getting permits.
- Carport (cprt, crprt) — Abbreviation,
- A roofed parking area that lacks one or more walls.
- Dimension Plans — Definition,
- Diagrams that show location of building outlines and other improvements on a lot, but which are not as detailed as blueprints.
- Load-bearing Wall — Definition,
- Any exterior wall or interior wall that supports its weight and the weight of other parts of the building.
- Schematic Designs — Definition,
- Structural plans for a building's mechanical systems, such as its plumbing and electrical functions.
- Square Footage — Definition,
- The area within a building, calculated by measuring the rooms by length and width.