- Structural plans or drawings for a building's mechanical systems which often include plumbing and electrical functions.
specifications, layout, specs, plans
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Architect — Definition,
- One who designs buildings.
- Blueprint (bprt) — Abbreviation,
- The drawing of a structure by an architect or designer, used for construction and getting permits.
- Change Order — Definition,
- A document defining an alteration of construction plans.
- Custom Home — Definition,
- A house built according to plans from an architect hired by the owner.
- Dimension Plans — Definition,
- Diagrams that show location of building outlines and other improvements on a lot, but which are not as detailed as blueprints.
- Home Inspection — Definition,
- A thorough examination of a house's visible structural parts and systems, conducted before purchase.
- Mechanical Systems — Definition,
- A house's heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical apparatus.
- Production Home — Definition,
- Homes that are mass produced as part of housing developments.
- Semi-custom Home — Definition,
- A house in which the buyer cannot alter the layout, but can specify amenities such as type of cabinets and floor coverings.
- Square Footage — Definition,
- The area within a building, calculated by measuring the rooms by length and width.