Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- nearly-custom home
- semi-custom house
Definition of Semi-custom Home
- A house in which the layout is predetermined by the builder. This means the buyer cannot alter the layout, but he or she can specify some of the features including the type of cabinets and floor coverings.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Allowances — Definition,
- Money set aside by builders for amenities, such as driveways, landscaping, carpeting and fixtures, that are standard but have optional designs.
- Speculation Builder — Definition,
- A developer that builds houses without a commitment from a purchaser.
- Upgrades — Definition,
- Options that allow buyers of newly built houses to select higher-quality floor coverings, cabinets, windows and other amenities for more money.
- Starter Home — Definition,
- A dwelling that is relatively small and inexpensive and bought as a first home.
- Speculation Home — Definition,
- A house built before a buyer has been found, on the assumption that one will be found.
- Field Changes — Definition,
- Modifications made to a building on-site.
- Schematic Designs — Definition,
- Structural plans for a building's mechanical systems, such as its plumbing and electrical functions.
- Custom Builder — Definition,
- A contractor that constructs or remodels houses based on plans submitted by the client.
- Builder Upgrades — Definition,
- Refined features or materials that a builder offers for an extra charge.
- Production Home — Definition,
- Homes that are mass produced as part of housing developments.
- Pre-sold Home — Definition,
- A house that is sold prior to construction as opposed to a house built on spec.
- Custom Home — Definition,
- A house built according to plans from an architect hired by the owner.