- Modifications that are made to a building or structure while on-site as opposed to planned changes that are incorporated into building plans.
on the fly, off the cuff
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Builder Upgrades — Definition,
- Refined features or materials that a builder offers for an extra charge.
- Building Permit (BPmt) — Abbreviation,
- Authorization by a local government to construct or repair a structure.
- Built-ins — Definition,
- Items, such as appliances and cabinets, that are permanently attached to a building.
- Custom Builder — Definition,
- A contractor that constructs or remodels houses based on plans submitted by the client.
- Custom Home — Definition,
- A house built according to plans from an architect hired by the owner.
- Manufactured Housing — Definition,
- Factory-built home that can be placed temporarily or permanently upon land. Styles vary from modest trailers to dwellings that look like site-built houses.
- Pre-sold Home — Definition,
- A house that is sold prior to construction as opposed to a house built on spec.
- Semi-custom Home — Definition,
- A house in which the buyer cannot alter the layout, but can specify amenities such as type of cabinets and floor coverings.