- A house that is built according to the specifications and drawings of an architect generally hired by the home owner.
one of a kind, suited, unusual, altered, tailored home, stylish
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Built-ins — Definition,
- Items, such as appliances and cabinets, that are permanently attached to a building.
- Custom Builder — Definition,
- A contractor that constructs or remodels houses based on plans submitted by the client.
- Field Changes — Definition,
- Modifications made to a building on-site.
- Pre-sold Home — Definition,
- A house that is sold prior to construction as opposed to a house built on spec.
- Production Home — Definition,
- Homes that are mass produced as part of housing developments.
- Schematic Designs — Definition,
- Structural plans for a building's mechanical systems, such as its plumbing and electrical functions.
- Semi-custom Home — Definition,
- A house in which the buyer cannot alter the layout, but can specify amenities such as type of cabinets and floor coverings.
- Speculation Builder — Definition,
- A developer that builds houses without a commitment from a purchaser.
- Speculation Home — Definition,
- A house built before a buyer has been found, on the assumption that one will be found.
- Starter Home — Definition,
- A dwelling that is relatively small and inexpensive and bought as a first home.