- A time period of delay or postponement in the development housing or commercial structures.
- A temporary halt or suspension to construction, usually to slow or ban the rate of unwanted development within a residential community.
suspend development, stop, halt, ban
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Controlled Growth — Definition,
- A set of restrictions set by local government that governs the amount, type and density of new construction.
- Key Lot — Definition,
- A lot of which ownership is essential in acquiring a piece of land for development, either because of its strategic location or the timing of the acquisition.
- Not in My Backyard (NIMBY) — Acronym,
- Opposition from residents for proposed buildings or structures in a neighbourhood.