- An individual who signs a promissory note in conjunction with one or more additional parties. All parties are responsible for the debt repayment once the papers are signed. This means that any one party could be responsible for repaying the entire debt if any of the other parties back out or renege on the repayment.
partner, undersign, participant, accomplice, ally
cosign, co signer, comaker, cosigner, co-sign, co-maker
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Co-maker — Definition,
- Any party that co-signs a promissory note. All co-makers assume responsibility for the loan if any of the other co-signers renege.
- Co-mortgagor — Definition,
- A party or individual who co-signs for a mortgage loan.
- Covenantor — Definition,
- A person who promises to be responsible for the repayment of a loan.
- Guarantor — Definition,
- Someone who guarantees something.
- Guaranty — Definition,
- A promise to assume responsibility for a debt if the borrower defaults.
- Promissory Note (PN) — Acronym,
- A written promise to repay a loan by a specified time.
- Witness — Definition,
- To subscribe one's name to a deed, will or other document for the purpose of attesting its authenticity and proving its execution by testifying, if required.
- X — Definition,
- A symbol used in contracts, or other legal documents, representing where a signature should appear.