- A symbol used in contracts or other legal documents to indicate or mark where the signature or signatures of the parties involved must be written.
John Hancock, name, mark, stamp, autograph, signature
dotted line, signature
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Co-signer — Definition,
- A person who signs a promissory note that is also signed by one or more other parties. All parties take responsibility for the debt if any of the others renege.
- Contract — Definition,
- An agreement between two or more parties that can be enforced by law.
- Credit Card (CC) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ A payment card that gives customers access to a revolving line of credit.
- A plastic card with a coded magnetic stripe that, when signed, entitles its bearer to a revolving line of credit, with a credit limit and interest rate determined by the borrower's income and credit report.
- Endorse — Definition,
- To sign the back of a cheque in order to cash it.
- Indefeasible — Definition,
- That which cannot be forfeited or done away with. Indemnity Protection or exemption from loss or damage.
- Renewal — Definition,
- Signing on again with the same lender once a term is up.
- Witness — Definition,
- To subscribe one's name to a deed, will or other document for the purpose of attesting its authenticity and proving its execution by testifying, if required.