- To write one's signature on the back of a cheque in return for the cash or credit indicated on the front of the cheque.
authorize, sign, witness, support, approve, recommend
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Cheque (CK) — Acronym,
➥ Bank account transaction code.
- A written order for payment of a certain amount of money.
- Payee — Definition,
- The name of the person to whom the money in a cheque is to go.
- Payor — Definition,
- One who makes a payment to another party.
- X — Definition,
- A symbol used in contracts, or other legal documents, representing where a signature should appear.