- Refers to the person being given a cheque to cash for funds that are owed. The name of the person (payee) is filled in on the front of the cheque.
cheque payee, consignee, beneficiary, casher, collector
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Annuitant — Definition,
- An individual who owns or is the recipient of an annuity.
- Assignee — Definition,
- A person appointed to acquire (take) an item, such as a property.
- In the insurance industry, an assignee is someone who is assigned ownership of another person's insurance policy.
- Cheque (CK) — Acronym,
➥ Bank account transaction code.
- A written order for payment of a certain amount of money.
- Cheque Register — Definition,
- A book or log where you can record the details of every transaction made in your chequing account.
- Endorse — Definition,
- To sign the back of a cheque in order to cash it.
- Insufficient Funds (ISF) — Acronym,
- When funds are not enough to satisfy the payment of a cheque or draft made on that account; also known as non-sufficient funds (NSF).
- Mortgagee — Definition, Important,
- The lender in a mortgage transaction.
- NSF Cheque — Definition,
- If a cheque is returned for this reason, it means that there was not enough money in your bank account to cover the amount of the cheque. There is a fee to you if this situation occurs.
- Payor — Definition,
- One who makes a payment to another party.
- Personalized Cheque — Definition,
- A cheque which has your name and account number printed on it.