Combined Ratio After Policyholder Dividends
- A ratio measuring the profitability of a company's underwriting. A combined ratio less than 100 is a strong indicator of underwriting profitability.
profitability ratio, grade
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Dividend — Definition,
- Distribution of earnings to shareholders. In credit unions, it's the money paid to members for deposits, similar to the interest banks pay to their customers for deposits.
- Investment Income — Definition,
- Income that is earned from investments such as interest, dividends, and capital gains.
- Policyholder Dividend Ratio — Definition,
- A ratio comparing the dividends paid to policyholders to net premiums earned by the insurer.