- When a company or employer transfers an employee to another city and covers the costs of any associated moving expenses.
- A situation in which a company moves offices, divisions or headquarters to a new location.
move, new location, transfer
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Moving Expenses — Definition,
- Expenses incurred when you moved in connection with your job and are deductible if they are the reasonable costs of moving yourself, your family and your possessions. You can no longer deduct the cost of meals while moving.
- Relocation Benefits — Definition,
- Money and other consideration that an employer gives to employees who move or are transferred at the company's behest. Can include reimbursement for packing and moving, house-hunting trips, and temporary housing and storage.
- Relocation Company — Definition,
- A business that specializes in providing help to employees who move for their employer.