- Monetary assistance and other considerations given to employees who must relocate at their company's request. This can include reimbursement for packing and moving, house-hunting trips, and temporary housing/storage expenses.
employee relocation company, relocation service, moving benefits
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Corporate Relocation — Definition,
- When a company relocates to a new office.
- An employer that transfers an employee and pays moving expenses.
- Fringe Benefit — Definition,
- Employee compensation other than your wages, tips and salaries, such as health insurance, life insurance and pension plans. Usually referred to as a Bonus.
- Motivated Buyer — Definition,
- A prospective buyer who has a strong reason to buy, and quickly.
- Motivated Seller — Definition,
- A home seller who has a strong reason to sell quickly, possibly because of an upcoming relocation or an impending default on a loan.
- Moving Expenses — Definition,
- Expenses incurred when you moved in connection with your job and are deductible if they are the reasonable costs of moving yourself, your family and your possessions. You can no longer deduct the cost of meals while moving.
- Relocation Company — Definition,
- A business that specializes in providing help to employees who move for their employer.