Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- income yield
- interest yield
- flat yield
- running yield
Definition of Current Yield
- The current yield is a financial term used in reference to bonds and other fixed-interest securities. It is the ratio of the annual interest payment.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bond — Bank,
- A certificate of debt issued by a government or corporation guaranteeing payment of the original investment plus interest by a specified future date.
- Parking (prk) — Bank,
- A term that refers to depositing cash in a high-yield money market account until it is transferred to another account to pay bills.
- Average Annual Yield (AAY) — Bank,
- The average yield per year over the life of the investment, assuming all principal and interest remain on deposit until maturity.