- A term that refers to depositing, or "parking" cash in a high-yield money market account until you need to move it to a chequing account to pay bills.
cash, saving, invest
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bill Presentment — Definition,
- An online system that allows customers to receive and view the bill on a computer, and then pay the bill electronically. Users can pay their bills immediately and the money is transferred from the account.
- Current Yield — Definition,
- The annual increase in the value of an investment, usually expressed as a percentage.
- Escrow Account (EA) — Acronym,
- An account in which money for property taxes and insurance is held until paid; money is added to the account every time a mortgage payment is made.
- Interest (int, IN) — Acronym & Abbreviation,
➥ Bank account transaction code.
- Money paid for the use of borrowed funds, usually expressed as an annual percentage.
- Investment — Definition,
- Something you put your money into in order to make money.
- Liquid Assets — Definition,
- Cash and other property that can be converted quickly and easily into cash.
- Money Market Account (MMA) — Acronym,
- A bank account that restricts the type and number of withdrawals. The account also earns interest similar to money market funds.
- Money Market Fund (MMF) — Acronym, Important,
- Mutual funds that invest in short-term debts or securities.
- Money Market Mutual Fund (MMMF) — Acronym,
- A mutual fund that invests in short-term debt instruments such as Treasury bills, commercial paper, and large CDs. Also referred to as money market fund (MMF).
- Mutual Fund — Definition,
- A type of investment scheme that pools funds from multiple backers and invests them in securities such as stock or bonds.