- Non-medical care for those who find difficulty in performing the activities of daily living but do not need constant attention from a medical professional. Those who provide custodial care do not need any medical training.
guardian, conservative care
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) — Acronym, Important,
- Physical activities an average individual is capable of doing on a normal day.
- Group Home Care — Definition,
- An arrangement where a group of people with disabilities receive both custodial and medical care in a single residence instead of in their own homes, which can be prohibitively expensive.
- Handicap Accessibility — Definition,
- A measure of how accessible a location, product or service is for people with special needs or disabilities.
- Home Care — Definition,
- Medical and/or non-medical care provided directly in a person's home.
- Long Term Care Insurance (LTC) — Acronym, Important,
- Insurance that covers health care costs for individuals with chronic or disabling conditions.
- Residual Benefit — Definition,
- Insurance benefits paid to individuals who lose income due to a covered disability.
- Respite Care — Definition,
- Medical or non-medical care provided for a sick or disabled person which is arranged to give a primary caregiver respite for a short or extended period of time.