- The charges that include all of the interest expected to be earned over the life of a loan, in addition to the service charges, mortgage insurance premiums and certain other charges related to a loan.
financing charges, lending fees, cost of financing
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Commitment Fee — Definition,
- A fee paid by a borrower to a lender who promises to lend money on certain terms for a specified time period.
- Disclosure — Definition,
- A statement required by most provinces that requires the creditor to tell the debtor the annual percentage rate, finance charges and other terms of a loan.
- A statement listing potential defects to a property, such as the possible existence of lead paint or radon.
- Interest (int, IN) — Acronym & Abbreviation,
➥ Bank account transaction code.
- Money paid for the use of borrowed funds, usually expressed as an annual percentage.
- Interest Rate (IR) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The rate a lender charges an individual to borrow money.
- Legal Fees and Disbursements — Definition,
- Charges paid on your behalf by a solicitor that are in addition to professional costs.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Mortgage Insurance — Definition, Very Important,
➥ CanEquity offers mortgage insurance.
- A policy covering a mortgagor from which the benefits are intended (a) to pay off the balance due on a mortgage upon the death of the insured, or (b) to meet the payments on a mortgage as they fall due in the case of his death or disability.
- Insurance that protects a lender if a homeowner fails to pay off his or her mortgage.
- Mortgage Life Insurance — Definition, Very Important,
- Insurance that covers the costs of paying off a mortgage if the insured dies or becomes disabled.