Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- permanent attachment
- screwed in
- set in place
Definition of Fixture
- Personal property that becomes real property when it is attached to a structure. For example, chandeliers, built-in bookcases, cabinets, and drapery rods are all considered fixtures.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Allowances — Definition,
- Money set aside by builders for amenities, such as driveways, landscaping, carpeting and fixtures, that are standard but have optional designs.
- Builder Upgrades — Definition,
- Refined features or materials that a builder offers for an extra charge.
- Attached (att, attd) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in attached garage.
- Something that is affixed to a property.
- Built-ins — Definition,
- Items, such as appliances and cabinets, that are permanently attached to a building.
- Non-Scheduled Personal Property — Definition,
- Assets considered common enough that they are automatically covered by property insurance without the need for an appraisal or receipt.
- Real Property — Definition,
- Permanent, non-movable property, such as land and buildings.
- Detached (detd, det) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in detached garage.
- Something that is not affixed to a property.
- Asset — Bank,
- Anything of monetary value that is owned by a person. Assets include real property, personal property, and enforceable claims against others including bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, and so on.
- Upgrades — Definition,
- Options that allow buyers of newly built houses to select higher-quality floor coverings, cabinets, windows and other amenities for more money.
- Personal Property (PP) — Bank,
- Property that is movable and not permanently attached to a dwelling or structure.