- Factors that can affect the sale of homes in a certain area. Such factors include interest rates, the unemployment rate, home appreciation, weather, time of year, etc.
real estate market conditions
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Listing Inventories — Definition,
- The dwellings for sale in a given market.
- Market Value (MV) — Acronym, Important,
- Also known as "Fair Market Value." The estimated value of a property which a seller could expect to receive under normal conditions.
- Recession — Definition,
- A prolonged period (popularly defined as two successive quarters) in which economic activity shrinks.
- Seller's Market — Definition,
- Due to either low supply or high demand, the seller can expect to sell quickly with a high sale price.
- Stagflation — Definition,
- A time period where the unemployment rate and the rate of inflation are both relatively high.