- A list of the properties for sale in a given market.
property for sale, homes for sale
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Caravan — Definition,
- An outing in which a group of real-estate agents look at houses that have been listed for sale recently.
- Days on Market (DOM) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The period between listing and sale, or listing and a property being taken off the market.
- Exclusive Listing — Definition,
- A legal agreement giving one real-estate agent the right to sell a property for a specified period, but owners retain the right to sell their property themselves without paying the agent commission.
- Inventory — Definition,
- Stock on hand in the form of goods ready for sale. Also includes raw material in the process of being manufactured or completed for sale.
- Market Conditions — Definition,
- Factors that affect the sales of homes in an area, such as interest rates, the unemployment rate, home appreciation, weather and time of year.
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) — Acronym, Canada, Very Important,
- A database that lists all properties in an area that are for sale or lease by Realtors.
- Open Listing — Definition,
- A property that a number of brokers can market and sell for a commission.