Multiple Listing Service
- A database provided by The Canadian Real Estate Association and the National Association of REALTORS® that lists all properties in an area for sale or lease, excluding properties that are being sold directly by their owners without the aid of a real-estate agent.
homes for sale, multiple listing system, home listings, real estate for sale
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Caravan — Definition,
- An outing in which a group of real-estate agents look at houses that have been listed for sale recently.
- Commercial Investment Multiple Listing Service (CIMLS) — Acronym,
- Cul-De-Sac (Culd, Cldsc) — Abbreviation,
- A dead-end street, often with a broad circle at the end.
- Days on Market (DOM) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The period between listing and sale, or listing and a property being taken off the market.
- Exclusive Listing — Definition,
- A legal agreement giving one real-estate agent the right to sell a property for a specified period, but owners retain the right to sell their property themselves without paying the agent commission.
- Listing Inventories — Definition,
- The dwellings for sale in a given market.
- Open House (OH) — Acronym,
- A selling tool in which a real-estate agent advertises a property for sale and invites people to visit without making an appointment.
- Open Listing — Definition,
- A property that a number of brokers can market and sell for a commission.
- Regional Multiple Listing Service (RMLS) — Acronym,