- Money that must be paid in less than a year (12 months), including wages, short-term loans, taxes, credit card balances and long-term loans.
near term liabilities
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Acid-Test Ratio — Definition,
- A ratio that determines the liquidity of a company without requiring the company to sell assets or inventory.
- Debt — Definition,
- Money one person or firm owes to another person or firm.
- Debt Consolidation — Definition,
- The replacement of multiple loans with a single loan, often with a lower monthly payment and a longer repayment period. It's also called a consolidation loan. CanEquity has access to Canada's best debt consolidation products, for more info about debt consolidation see our debt consolidation page.
- Expense — Definition,
- Costs incurred through a business's operations.
- Investments in Affiliates — Definition,
- A situation where an investor has a great deal of control over the operation and/or financial management of his or her investment.
- Leverage — Definition,
- The use of a small amount of cash and a large loan to buy something.
- Liabilities — Definition,
- A borrower's debts and legal obligations.
- Long-term Liabilities — Definition,
- Money owed over a period longer than 12 months, such as mortgages, bank loans, and other obligations.
- Operating Loan — Definition,
- A loan intended for short-term financing, supplying cash flow support or to cover day-to-day operating expenses.
- Quick Liquidity Ratio — Definition,
- A metric used to find if a company has enough liquidity to make it's short term financial obligations.
- Revenue — Definition,
- Money earned by a company from its business activities.
- Solvency — Definition,
- To be able to meet one's financial liabilities in the short or long term.