Investments in Affiliates
- Investments where the benefactor has considerable authority over the operation and/or the financial management of the investment. This can include stocks, bonds, collateral loans, and short-term investments in real estate occupied by the company
inside investments, associated, connected, partner
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bond — Definition,
- A certificate of debt issued by a government or corporation guaranteeing payment of the original investment plus interest by a specified future date.
- Equity — Definition,
- Ownership in an asset.
- The value of a property minus outstanding mortgage debt and other liens.
- Investment — Definition,
- Something you put your money into in order to make money.
- Short-term Liabilities — Definition,
- Money that you have to pay in less than 12 months, including wages, short-term loans, taxes, credit card balances and long-term loans.
- Stock — Definition,
- A share of the ownership of a company.
- Unaffiliated Investments — Definition,
- Investments in assets made by an insurance company where they have no control over the assets.