- Investments in assets not under the direct control of the insurance company nor any companies with which insurance company shares ownership. Unaffiliated investments can include securities, mortgages, property or other assets.
unconnected, outside investments, third-party, nonpartisan
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Asset — Definition,
- Anything of monetary value that is owned by a person. Assets include real property, personal property, and enforceable claims against others including bank accounts, stocks, mutual funds, and so on.
- Investment — Definition,
- Something you put your money into in order to make money.
- Investments in Affiliates — Definition,
- A situation where an investor has a great deal of control over the operation and/or financial management of his or her investment.
- Loan — Definition,
- Letting another party use something of value temporarily.
- Mortgage (mtg) — Abbreviation, Important,
- A mortgage is a contract stipulating a specific real property, typically a residence or building, as collateral for a loan. The mortgage incurs a rate of interest that varies according to term and other features.
- Personal Property (PP) — Acronym,
- Property that is movable and not permanently attached to a dwelling or structure.
- Real Property — Definition,
- Permanent, non-movable property, such as land and buildings.
- Security — Definition,
- Property designated as collateral.
- A document stating ownership of a stock or bond.
- A tradable financial implement that represents ownership, the rights to ownership or debt.