- Expenses sustained by an insurer while in the process of writing insurance policies including salaries, commissions, and advertising costs.
insurance underwriting expenses, expenses from underwriting, policy underwriting expenses
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Business Net Retention — Definition,
- A measure of the gross writings retained by a company for their own account.
- Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter — Definition,
- A designation for professionals working in the property and casualty insurance and/or risk management fields.
- Expense Ratio — Definition,
- A method of calculating an insurer's operating efficiency.
- Premium Balances — Definition,
- A ledger kept by insurance companies recording insurance premiums.
- Underwriting Guide — Definition,
- The rules and guidelines an underwriter must follow while writing policies.