- When stock prices fall and the market turns poor for investors, this is called a bear market.
pessimism, declining, down, uncertainty, shares falling, decreasing, selling
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Bull Market — Definition,
- When stock prices are increasing and it's a healthy market, this is known as a bull market.
- Buyer's Market — Definition,
- When market conditions favour the buyer.
- Insurance Cycle — Definition,
- A cycle of soft and hard market conditions observed in the insurance and underwriting industry.
- Seller's Market — Definition,
- Due to either low supply or high demand, the seller can expect to sell quickly with a high sale price.
- Stock — Definition,
- A share of the ownership of a company.