- A neighbourhood that is run-down and not aesthetically pleasing.
ruined, neglected, spoiled, ugly, weathered, trashed
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Amenities — Definition,
- Amenities are features such as green space, playgrounds, community centres, shopping malls, or swimming pools that make a neighbourhood or community more desirable for living.
- Broom Clean — Definition,
- Ready to be cleaned and painted. The term does not mean immaculate or spotless or entirely clean.
- Curb Appeal — Definition,
- The look of a house when viewed from the street.
- Distressed Property — Definition,
- Property that is in poor condition, or whose owner is in poor financial condition.
- Not in My Backyard (NIMBY) — Acronym,
- Opposition from residents for proposed buildings or structures in a neighbourhood.
- Tear-down Condition — Definition,
- A house that is bought so it can be razed to make room for a newer house; usually located in a spectacular setting.