Commissioners' Reserve Valuation Method
- A method of valuating minimum statutory reserves for insurance products and annuities that takes the insured person's age and sex, the policy's term length, interest rates, and a mortality table into consideration.
insurance valuation, minimum statutory reserves method
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Annuitant — Definition,
- An individual who owns or is the recipient of an annuity.
- Annuity Table — Definition,
- A table that can be used to find the future value of an annuity.
- Commutation — Definition,
- An option given to the beneficiaries of annuities and life insurance policies that allows them to modify the frequency and size of benefit payments.
- Future Value of an Annuity (FVA) — Acronym,
- The value of an annuity at some future date.
- Life Expectancy Method — Definition,
- A method of calculating the appropriate size of payments in an annuity's income phase by estimating the annuitant's life expectancy.
- Needs Approach — Definition,
- A way of determining how much life insurance an individual should purchase by examining the future obligations and needs of the beneficiaries.
- Present Value Interest Factor of Annuity (PVIFA) — Acronym,
- A method used to find an annuity's present value.
- Valuation — Definition,
- The estimation of a property's price value through an appraisal.
- The process of finding the worth of an asset or business.