- Financial investments designed to guarantee a fixed return. Fixed-return investments are often extremely safe investment vehicles that provide low yields. Government bonds and mortgage backed securities are examples of fixed-return investments. Also known as "fixed-return instruments," "fixed-return vehicles," and "fixed-income investments."
low risk investment, fixed-return vehicles, guaranteed return investments, fixed-income investments, fixed-return instruments
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) — Acronym, Very Important,
➥ Financial security made up of a bundle of assets.
- Securities backed by a pool of assets.
- Bond — Definition,
- A certificate of debt issued by a government or corporation guaranteeing payment of the original investment plus interest by a specified future date.
- Canada Savings Bond (CSB) — Acronym, Canada,
- A secure way for Canadians to save. The bonds, which are a form of debt issued by the Canadian government, are cashable, with proper identification, at any time at most Canadian financial institutions.
- Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) — Acronym, Important,
- An investment that pays a set rate of interest over a fixed period of time.
- Interest (int, IN) — Acronym & Abbreviation,
➥ Bank account transaction code.
- Money paid for the use of borrowed funds, usually expressed as an annual percentage.
- Interest Rate (IR) — Acronym, Very Important,
- The rate a lender charges an individual to borrow money.
- Investment — Definition,
- Something you put your money into in order to make money.
- Loss — Definition,
- When expenses are larger than revenues.
- Mortgage-Backed Securities — Definition, Important,
- Securities backed by mortgage debt.
- Mutual Fund — Definition,
- A type of investment scheme that pools funds from multiple backers and invests them in securities such as stock or bonds.
- Portfolio — Definition,
- A collection of investments.
- Profit — Definition,
- When revenues exceed expenses.
- Protected Fund — Definition,
- A mutual fund that guarantees investors a return on their investments.
- Return — Definition,
- Any increase in value or in income you earn on purchase or investment.