International Chamber of Commerce
- A world business organization that brings business people and experts together to formulate policies in such areas as banking, taxation, and the environment
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Business (busn) — Abbreviation,
- A company, either for-profit or non-profit.
- Commercial, industrial or professional activities undertaken by an entity.
- Economic activities of a given type.
- Business Insurance — Definition,
- An umbrella term for insurance that covers various losses that may arise due to the operation of a business.
- Commerce — Definition,
- The systems and activities that impact business and trade within a nation and abroad.
- Commercial Banking — Definition,
- Commercial banking centres serve small to medium-sized businesses such as franchising, leasing and cash management services.
- Corporate Banking — Definition,
- Banking services for large firms.
- Electronic Commerce — Definition,
- The purchase or sale of products and services through an electronic system such as the Internet.
- Franchise — Definition,
- The right to sell products or services under a corporate name or trade mark (established by someone else). This right is usually purchased for cash in addition to a royalty fee on, or a percentage of, all sales.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) — Company Est. 1946, Geneva, Switzerland,
- An international organization created to promote standardization around the world.
- World Trade Organization (WTO) — Company Est. 1995,
➥ Deals with the global rules of trade between nations.
- An organization that promotes free trade between nations.