- System of title recordation provided by provincial law, it is a system for the registration of land title, indicating the state of the title, including ownership and encumbrances without the necessity of an additional search of the public records. Also known as the "Land Titles System."
record keeping, database, land registration
Land Titles System
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Chain of Title — Definition,
- Legal records that trace ownership of a property from the most recent owner to the original owner.
- Land — Definition,
- The solid ground of the earth. This can include everything under it and over it. For example, Condominium Acts do divide land horizontally thereby limiting the vertical ownership.
- Land Title — Definition,
- The legal document conveying title to a property.
- Land Titles System — Definition,
- This is a system of land registration under which the registrar or master of titles passes on the validity of the instrument, determines its legal effect, and the Government guarantees title.
- Title Search — Definition,
- A check of public records to make sure that the owner of real property has the right to transfer ownership. A title search is designed to spot gaps in the chain of title, liens, problems with the legal description of the property, judgements against the owner, and the like.