Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- unit of area
- foot deep
- cubic feet
- Acre ft
Definition of Acre Foot
- An acre foot is equivalent to 43,560 cubic feet (1233.48183754752 cubic metres) or 325,851.429 (1,233,481.84 litres) gallons of material (water or other) that is needed to cover an acre of land one foot deep.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Land Lot — Definition,
- A piece of land owned by an individual or entity.
- Plat — Definition,
- A map that shows a parcel of land and how it is subdivided into individual lots. Plat maps also show the locations of streets and easements.
- Thousand Acre-Feet (TAF) — Acronym,
- Board Foot — Definition,
- A measurement of lumber equivalent to 1 inch thick, 1 foot long, 1 foot wide.
- Million Acre-Feet (MAF) — Acronym,
- Reliction — Definition,
- An increase in the amount of land that occurs when a river or sea permanently withdraws.
- Arpent — Definition,
- An area equal to about 0.845 acres, traditionally used in France, Quebec and Louisiana. Nowadays, hectares and acres are more commonly used measurements of area.
- Acre — Definition,
- 43,560 square feet. A plot of land 180 by 242 feet is one acre.
- Square Footage — Definition,
- The area within a building, calculated by measuring the rooms by length and width.