- A map that shows a parcel of land and how it is subdivided into individual lots. Plat maps also show the locations of streets and easements.
scheme, diagram, geographic area, plan, map, plot
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Acre — Definition,
- 43,560 square feet. A plot of land 180 by 242 feet is one acre.
- Acre Foot (AF) — Acronym,
- The water or other material needed to cover an acre of land one foot deep. Equivalent to exactly 43,560 cubic feet.
- Arpent — Definition,
- An area equal to about 0.845 acres, traditionally used in France, Quebec and Louisiana. Nowadays, hectares and acres are more commonly used measurements of area.
- Contiguous Lots — Definition,
- Pieces of real estate that are next to each other.
- Hectare — Definition,
- An area equal to 100 meters by 100 meters
- Key Lot — Definition,
- A lot of which ownership is essential in acquiring a piece of land for development, either because of its strategic location or the timing of the acquisition.
- Land Lot — Definition,
- A piece of land owned by an individual or entity.
- Metes and Bounds — Definition,
- A surveyor's legal description of a parcel of land, defined by measurements and angles.
- Property Report — Definition,
- A legal document prepared by a surveyor that shows the locations of all visible public and private improvements relative to property boundaries.
- A legal disclosure that developers of timeshare properties are required to give to prospective buyers.
- Square Footage — Definition,
- The area within a building, calculated by measuring the rooms by length and width.
- Subdivide — Definition,
- To split something (like a plot of land) into smaller sections.
- Survey (srvy) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in surveyed land.
- A map executed by a licensed surveyor, which sets down precisely the boundaries of a given property as well as improvements, references to known landmarks, and the property's notable features.