- A map executed by a licensed surveyor, which sets down precisely the boundaries of a given property as well as improvements, references to known landmarks, and the property's notable features. A precise measurement of a parcel's dimensions.
As in surveyed land.
review, assessment, land survey
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Acre — Definition,
- 43,560 square feet. A plot of land 180 by 242 feet is one acre.
- Agreed Boundary — Definition,
- Property lines that are drawn to settle a dispute between neighbouring property owners.
- Appraisal Report — Definition,
- A detailed evaluation of the value of a property based on an inspection and a review of the values of nearby, comparable properties.
- Boundary — Definition,
- The line dividing adjacent properties.
- Buffer Strip — Definition,
- This refers to a parcel or stretch of land that separates two pieces of property.
- Hectare — Definition,
- An area equal to 100 meters by 100 meters
- Inspection Report — Definition,
- The documentation of a thorough examination of a house's visible structural parts and systems, conducted before purchase.
- Land Lot — Definition,
- A piece of land owned by an individual or entity.
- Metes and Bounds — Definition,
- A surveyor's legal description of a parcel of land, defined by measurements and angles.
- Plat — Definition,
- A map that shows a parcel of land and how it is subdivided into individual lots. Plat maps also show the locations of streets and easements.
- Property Report — Definition,
- A legal document prepared by a surveyor that shows the locations of all visible public and private improvements relative to property boundaries.
- A legal disclosure that developers of timeshare properties are required to give to prospective buyers.
- Square Footage — Definition,
- The area within a building, calculated by measuring the rooms by length and width.