- Land separating two pieces of property.
- A strip of grass or legumes between a parcel and a stream, to protect the stream from runoff, especially runoff containing fertilizer.
border, edge, line
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Boundary — Definition,
- The line dividing adjacent properties.
- Metes and Bounds — Definition,
- A surveyor's legal description of a parcel of land, defined by measurements and angles.
- Real Property — Definition,
- Permanent, non-movable property, such as land and buildings.
- Survey (srvy) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in surveyed land.
- A map executed by a licensed surveyor, which sets down precisely the boundaries of a given property as well as improvements, references to known landmarks, and the property's notable features.
- Townhouse (town, twnhse, th) — Abbreviation,
- A house that is attached to or built close to other houses.