Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- attached home
Definition of Townhouse
- A building complex with a number of houses that are either attached or built very close together. Townhouses differ from condominiums in that townhomes allow for ownership in the land on which they are built.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Single-Family Detached Home — Definition,
- A house that one family lives in and is not attached to another house (like a duplex).
- Duplex (dup) — Abbreviation,
➥ A two-unit complex.
- One building that contains two housing units.
- Buffer Strip — Definition,
- This refers to a parcel or stretch of land that separates two pieces of property.
- Condominium (condo) — Abbreviation,
- A structure of two or more housing units. The interior space of the units are individually owned. The balance of the property (land, building and other amenities) is owned in common by the owners of the individual units.
- A condominium is an apartment building or townhouse complex where the structure and living areas are managed and owned, rather than rented, by the building's tenants.
- Detached Structure — Definition,
- A building that is not attached to another building.
- Attached Structure — Definition,
- A building that is attached to another building.
- Common Areas — Definition,
- Areas of a building or land and the amenities owned (or managed) by a planned unit development, or condominium project's homeowners' association, or a cooperative project's cooperative corporation that are used by all of the unit owners who share in the common expenses of their operation and maintenance. Common areas include swimming pools, tennis courts, and other recreational facilities, as well as common hallways of buildings, parkades, means of ingress and egress, etc.
- Co-housing — Definition,
- Also called cooperative housing and community housing, is an arrangement in which dwelling units have access to a shared space with a large kitchen, dining hall, laundry and children's play areas.
- Multi-Family (mfam, MF) — Acronym & Abbreviation,
- A building with more than four residential units.
- Triplex — Definition,
- One building that contains three housing units.