Is a company: no
Is a proper noun: no
- separate structure
- detached building
Definition of Detached Structure
- A section of a building that is not directly attached to the main building. A garage that is on a property but not directly attached to a house is an example of a detached structure.
Related Terms and Acronyms
- Multi-Family (mfam, MF) — Acronym & Abbreviation,
- A building with more than four residential units.
- Duplex (dup) — Abbreviation,
➥ A two-unit complex.
- One building that contains two housing units.
- Attached (att, attd) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in attached garage.
- Something that is affixed to a property.
- Detached (detd, det) — Abbreviation,
➥ As in detached garage.
- Something that is not affixed to a property.
- Carport (cprt, crprt) — Abbreviation,
- A roofed parking area that lacks one or more walls.
- Townhouse (th, town, twnhse) — Abbreviation,
- A house that is attached to or built close to other houses.
- Single-Family Detached Home — Definition,
- A house that one family lives in and is not attached to another house (like a duplex).
- Attached Structure — Definition,
- A building that is attached to another building.
- Triplex — Definition,
- One building that contains three housing units.